Thursday, May 17, 2012

Let's get started

How hard could this be? Apparently not very! Well then... let's give it a go. So, I've barely touched a barbell in the last 9 or 10 weeks, while I've focussed on my first run at the 'Rite of Passage'. That worked well, and I enjoyed it, but I pushed the pull ups too much and tweaked my elbow; my own stupid fault, but it seems to be clearing up. Rather than re-test clean and press and pull up numbers - post ROP - I figured it might be an idea to go for a bit of change of pace... enter Easy Strength. Figured I'd better get at least an idea of where I am - barbell strength wise - before getting started, so last Friday (11.5.12) I had a bit of a peek to see what I could do and got a 150 kg deadlift and a 60 kg press. If nothing else this convinced me that I needed to spend a bit of time on some barbell lifts and I chose the deadlift, press, and curl as my core lifts, with two-handed kettlebell swings and roll outs for my explosive and midsection movement. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment